Monday, February 1

Tuesday's are for searching

Although it's Monday it will be nearing Tuesday by the time many of you read this entry.

Maybe it was a mistake, but since we were in the neighborhood I thought it was a good idea to sneak a peak at the progress of our moving into the house at Block 5. The current tenants in the house are supposed to be out 31 January.

On Sunday afternoon, 31 January David and I drove by to see if there was any moving progress. We found no sign of moving. My guess is they haven't found a place to stay yet.

The landlord returns tomorrow, Tuesday. I'm not sure what to expect with his return. I wish I could wait and just see, but alas I'll pick up an Advertiser for another Tuesday of searching.

My prayer, our prayer, is if this is the house for us then God will provide the current tenants with a place to stay, and noone will be homeless, or kicked out or any of that. Or that God would reveal his better plan for us.


Other news...
One of the cell phone companies have sponsored a new skate park in town. David has been skating (skateboarding) for 12 years. Over the past 4 years he's taken time away from the sport to concentrate on flying. However we heard about the start of a "skaters for Christ" outreach ministry in town. So we ordered a skateboard for him. It arrived two weeks ago. Saturday afternoon he and I went to the new park. He skated and I watched. We were able to meet a few of the kids...jr high/ high school age...they seemed really cool and all thought David was a good skater. :) We hope to make this a regular routine and hope to build relationships with the kids.

No comments: